DOR Updates Income Withholding and Reporting Publications
The Illinois Department of Revenue has released updated versions of two informational publications that provide guidance on personal income withholding tax payment and reporting requirements.
Technical changes have been made to Publication 130, which covers:
- Who is an employer;
- Employer registration requirements;
- Who is an employee;
- When withholding must occur;
- Withholding thresholds and requirements for payments of lottery or gambling winnings;
- Withholding forms; and
- The effect of a change to the business name or address, the sale or transfer of a business, and cessation of business operations.
Additionally, technical changes have been made to Publication 131, which explains:
- When and how to make withholding tax payments and file returns;
- Who must file Illinois withholding returns, Form IL-941;
- A schedule of due dates for withholding tax returns and payments;
- Examples of how to calculate withholding tax payments; and
- Electronic payment options.